Windows PowerShell for Developers
Want to perform programming tasks better, faster, simpler, and make them repeatable? Take a deep dive into Windows PowerShell and discover what this distributed automation platform can do. Whether you’re a .NET developer or IT pro, this concise guide will show you how PowerShell’s scripting language can help you be more productive on everyday tasks.
Quickly learn how to create PowerShell scripts and embed them into your existing applications, write "little languages" to solve specific problems, and take charge of your code. This book includes example scripts that you can easily pull apart, tweak, and then use in your own PowerShell and .NET solutions.
- Slice and dice text, XML, CSV, and JSON with ease
- Embed PowerShell to provide scripting capabilities for your C# apps
- Create GUI applications five to ten times faster with less code
- Leverage PowerShell’s capabilities to work with the Internet
- Interact with DLLs and create objects, automatically display properties, and call methods in live interactive sessions
- Build domain-specific languages (DSLs) and vocabularies to express solutions more clearly
- Work with Microsoft Office via the Component Object Model (COM)
- Discover PowerShell v3 features included with Windows 8 and Windows Server 2012
- Getting Started
- The Dime Tour
- Accelerating Delivery
- Add PowerShell to Your GUI
- PowerShell and the Internet
- Building GUI Applications in PowerShell
- DLLs, Types, Properties, Methods, and Microsoft Roslyn
- Writing Little Languages in PowerShell
- PowerShell, COM, and More
- PowerShell Version 3
- Productive PowerShell
- Running PowerShell with the .NET 4.0 Runtime
Doug Finke, a Microsoft Most Valuable Professional (MVP) for PowerShell, is a software developer at Lab49, a company that builds advanced applications for the financial service industry. For the last 20 years, Doug has been a developer and author working with numerous technologies. You can catch up with Doug at his blog Development in a Blink at http://dougfinke.com/blog/.